Why Should I Choose Liquitex Professional Spray Paints?
Liquitex Professional Spray Paints have been developed for professional artists that want a permanent, lightfast result. They use a water-based technology rather than solvent based. They are non-toxic and low odour, making them suitable for use in an art studio or educational environment.
Liquitex Professional Spray Paints have a longer drying time compared to solvent based spray paints. This gives the artist a longing working time so colours can be easily blended and inter-mixed. They come in a large range of 100 vibrant, artists’ colours that are highly pigmented. Use Liquitex Professional Spray Paints for large scale indoor and outdoor murals, stencilling, under-painting, mixed media & more.
The Key Features Of Liquitex Professional Spray Paints:
Video Demonstrating Liquitex Professional Spray Paints:
Liquitex Spray Paint Colour Availability:
Liquitex Professional Spray Paints are available in a large range of 100 vibrant colours, including transparents, iridescents and fluorescents. 50 of these colours match the Liquitex Soft and Heavy Body Acrylic colours.
The other colours have had white or black added to them to produce a tonal range of hues. This allows easier colour blending and mixing and allows the artist to create a range of different varying colour shades more easily.
A core Liquitex colour is middle of the colour scale and labelled without a number after the hue, for example ‘cobalt blue hue’:
A colour with a tint number 1 – 4 indicates that black has been added to that core colour to produce darker shades (tint 1 is the darkest).
A colour with a tint number 5 – 8 indicates that white has been added to that core colour to produce lighter shades (tint 8 is the lightest).
Varnishing Liquitex Professional Spray Paints:
It is recommended that you use Liquitex Soluvar Matt Varnish or Liquitex Soluvar Gloss Varnish to Varnish your Spray Painted artwork as these are high quality varnishes that are removable & suitable for interior and exterior use. Let spray painted work dry thoroughly for 24 hours & make sure the surface is clean before applying a protective layer of varnish.
Artwork Produced Using Liquitex Professional Spray Paints:
Spray Paint Artist Jimmy Leslie uses the Liquitex Professional Spray Paints:
Storage, Cleaning & Coverage:
– Do not store Liquitex Professional Spray Paints in direct sunlight, near open flames or ignition sources. Do not use it in temperatures exceeding 50°C or use on items / objects that will get hot.
– Equipment and hands can be cleaned easily using just soap and water but this must be done when wet. Once Liquitex Professional Spray Paint colours are dry they are permanent and waterproof. If dried, remove using a strong solvent.
– Caps can clog from time to time. To prevent clogging after use, turn the can upside down and spray for 5 seconds. Rinse cap through with soap and water after a long period of use. Replacement caps are also available (sprays come with a standard nozzle).
– For best results, make sure that surfaces are dry and clean and suitably primed before applying your Liquitex Professional Spray Paints.
– A 400ml can will cover approximately 2 square metres depending on how thickly you apply the paint and how absorbant the surface is.
Buy Liquitex Spray Paints From Pullingers Art Shop
Have you used Liquitex Professional Spray Paints? Please share your tips & techniques with us!