What Do I Need For An Architecture Course?
If you are about to enrol on to an Architecture Course at University then you will need to come equipped with the right Art Materials to start your BA degree. Knowing what to buy can be quite daunting. To make sure that you have the right equipment for your Architecture Course we have put together a list of the necessary Art Supplies. You will need:
- Portable A1 Drawing Board.
- Large Adjustable Set Square.
- Drawing Instruments – Protractor & Compass. When it comes to choosing a Compass you will be better off buying one with an extension bar (for drawing larger circles) and an adapter for technical pens and fineliners. This means that you won’t have to purchase another one later on in the Architecture Course!
- 300mm Scale Rule With The Following Scale 1:1,1:100, 1:20,1:200, 1:5,1:50, 1:1250, 1:2500.
- A Metal Ruler With A Cutting Edge (bevelled).
- Black Lead Drawing Pencils in 2H to 4B.
- Mechanical Drawing Pencils.
- Erasers. A soft eraser and an ink eraser will be useful.
- Various Pens For Sketching, Such As Fineliners, Felt Tips & Coloured Markers.
- Rotring Rapidograph Technical Drawing Pens In Sizes 0.18, 0.25, 0.35 & 0.5. A Rotring Rapidograph College Set is also available and works out to be extremely good value! This set contains 3 Rotring Rapidograph Pens in sizes 0.25, 0.35 & 0.5 and other drawing instruments required for your Architecture Course.
- A3 / A2 Detail Paper Pad Or Roll Of Detail Paper.
- Sketchbooks In A5, A4 & A3 Sizes.
- A2 Self Healing Cutting Mat.
- Scalpel & 10A Blades.
- Heavy Duty Knife (Retractable) & Replacement Blades.
- High Capacity Memory Sticks, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, DVDs To Save, Store & Retrieve Your Work.
- Good Quality Digital Camera With Spare Memory Cards & Case.
- ‘Studio Craft & Technique: The Architecture Student’s Handbook’.
Tools For Architecture Course:
- You Will Need To Purchase A Tool Box For Storing & Transporting Your Equipment.
- Wooden Handle Claw Hammer.
- Tenon Saw.
- Small Spirit Level.
- Metal Pliers.
- 5 Metre Metal Tape Measure.
- Metal Punch.
- 45 Degree Angle Square Edged Tool.
Buying Art Supplies for a University Architecture Course can be quite expensive. To help you we have discounted our prices including 25% Off the RRP on all Drawing Boards with FREE UK Delivery! We are also offering a further 10% discount on all of the other Art Materials listed above. Simply enter the Coupon Code UNITEN at the Checkout. This offer is valid until the 31st October 2017! Just go to pullingers.com
If you need any further help or advice on buying Art Supplies for your Architecture Course then please get in touch with Pullingers and we will help you!
Good luck and enjoy your Architecture Course!